Thursday, August 18, 2016

Story Time: My Never Ending Thursday.

I am freaking tired. 

That right there ladies and gentlemen, is the understatement of the year. I'm absolutely
Found HERE
exhausted! I struggle with insomnia on a daily basis - luckily it hasn't been as horrible as it was a few years ago - so now, I don't fall asleep until around 1 or 2am. Seeing as how I have to up and ready to go early in the morning because I'm a mom, this tends to be horrendous. I have to drink coffee in the morning to get my butt into high gear, pour water on my face, and avoid sitting down for too long anywhere out of fear that I will literally fall asleep. I'm not an absolute zombie throughout the day - a body in rest tends to stay in rest - but I am tired. The worst part is that regardless of me being so tired, I STILL can't get to sleep any earlier! So when something - or someone - decides to interrupt my already short sleep cycle, I get a little testy and annoyed. Especially because once I'm up and fully have my eyes open, I'm screwed for at least another 2 hours. This is how my day started. 

Last night was absolutely no different with my insomnia. I tossed and turned, struggled for hours, dealt with the heat, had an anxiety attack and ended up falling asleep around 1am this morning. 

At 3am I hear a bloodcurdling scream come from outside, which causes me to jolt out of bed in a panic. Now, I have anxiety, so I am extremely nosy and cautious with anything that goes on around my neighborhood. Nothing crazy happens, but still. I have to have peace of mind or else I have repetitive anxiety attacks that lead to panic attacks. 

I sneak over to my kitchen and carefully peak out the window without being seen, to see a man walking in the middle of the street. He seemed to be holding his hand to his head and screaming "HELP ME, CALL THE POLICE, THEY TOOK MY PHONE, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME."

I was in an extremely poor mood. Someone woke me up after only 2 hours of rest and I knew I'd be stuck away for 2 more - which happened - and that only left me with a total of 4 hours of sleep - yay. The fact that this guy was screaming because his phone was stolen, was absolutely infuriating. You don't need to scream at 3am about a stolen phone! But after a couple minutes, I realized the guy could seriously be injured from a mugging or something, and is simply asking for help because he himself can't. Someone else must of be woken by his screaming, because not a few moments later 2 police cars were driving towards him with their spotlights on. I couldn't make out what he was telling them and quite frankly, I didn't care. He's with the police, so whatever happened will be resolved, thank God. 

After only 4 hours of sleep, I woke up and went to the kitchen to immediately make myself some coffee. I boiled the water, added some coffee grinds to my French press, and created my beverage. Only this was that when I went to the fridge to pull out my creamer, I quickly realized that I forgot to buy some yesterday, which meant I couldn't have my coffee. I have to have creamer or else I can't stomach it. So, I had to wait for my padawan to finish his breakfast, get dressed, head to Trader Joe's for my creamer, and THEN I was able to have my coffee. I literally brought my coffee in a travel mug and just poured in the creamer in the parking lot.

Found HERE
Thing was that when I went to Trader Joe's, it wasn't that easy. 

First there was some construction work going on, which led me on this confusing detour - some streets are one way - and I ended up going double the distance. Then when I got to Trader Joe's, someone stole the spot I was waiting for...TWICE! And once I was finally in Trader Joe's, I ran over my toe - I was wearing sandals - with the shopping cart. It was the pinky toe. Awesome.

Finally home and time for our bike ride. Once we get back home, I realize that I locked ourselves out of the house. Luckily the maintenance guy was around, so we were able to be let back in. So not to horrible. 

Lunch comes and I made us some sandwiches and lemonade. It was a hot one, so this was really suiting for us. We even had plans to go eat out on our mini patio. Yeah, that didn't happen. A small swarm of wasps decided to chill right in front of our door. So I had to call the maintenance guy AGAIN and he rescued us with wasp spray. I'm glad we have an attentive and understanding worker in the complex!

Then I decided to take a quick shower to wash off the sweat from the bike ride and try to rejuvenate myself a little. I was really on edge about everything going on and I just wanted to have a little "me" time. My son was playing in his room some trains, so I was able to wash up with the door open - safety reasons - for a few quick minutes. As soon as I stepped into the shower, I slipped taking the shower curtain down with me. So I landed crooked inside the bathtub, bruising my legs pretty bad, bonked my head with the curtain rod, and scraped my arm on the tub's faucet. Lovely. 

I just picked myself up, finished up quickly - without falling this time - and got out. 

By this time I'm on the verge of tears. I'm hot, I'm tired, I'm hurting, I'm hungry, and I just want things to stop going wrong! But I know that this is all temporary. THANK THE LORD!

Found HERE
The rest of the day wasn't a drastic fail, thankfully. I only ran into the hallway wall, dropped the last glass of lemonade all over the floor, had my phone shut down on me and refuse to turn back on...again, accidentally spoiled the most recent episode of Pretty Little Liars for myself - social media, had my hairbrush break in half, drop my last pair of contacts down the drain, and then stub my toe on the kitchen table. 

All in all I'm a little bruised, absolutely exhausted, and I'm a little hungry. I can't even begin to tell you guys how excited I am for this day to be over. I know I'll probably still be stuck lying in bed for quite a long time, but I don't care. I'd rather be in my bed where I can't do anymore harm to myself - knock on wood - than be up and causing more bruises or spilling more drinks. 

At this exact moment, I look like this horrified air conditioner from a hotel room (see picture). I'm still processing this crap of a day.

Hopefully you guys had a better Thursday, than I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment